Boost Your Business: The Top 15 Apps Every Entrepreneur Needs
Running a business as an entrepreneur is no easy feat. You have to juggle many responsibilities from managing workflow to marketing your business.
The good news is that today there are incredible apps available to help entrepreneurs succeed and work smarter.
Choosing the right apps tailored to your needs can help boost productivity and give you powerful insights into your customers and finances.
Whether you need to centralize communication, implement accounting, build email lists, manage projects, or collaborate with your team, there are top apps for entrepreneurs that can set you up for growth and efficiency.
In this guide, we will explore the must-have apps entrepreneurs should consider to take their ambitious businesses to the next level in 2023.
These tools enable the best entrepreneurs to accomplish more in less time. Let’s dive in!
- The right business apps act as force multipliers for entrepreneurs to accomplish more in less time.
- Project management apps like Asana and Trello provide structure amidst chaos through workflows.
- Communication platforms like Slack and Zoom unify distributed teams and remote work.
- Email marketing tools such as MailChimp and CRMs like HubSpot empower scaling through automation.
- Accounting software including QuickBooks and Xero grant financial clarity and insight.
- Task apps like Wunderlist combined with note apps like Evernote boost productivity.
- File sharing solutions like Dropbox eliminate hassles by centralizing content access.
- Payments platforms like Square provide easy invoicing and financial management.
- With apps tailored to their needs, entrepreneurs gain efficiency to rapidly grow their business.
- Conducting research on top apps for your industry is an investment that pays dividends through entrepreneurial success.
Must-Have Apps for Entrepreneurs in 2023
1. Asana – A Top Project Management App for Ambitious Entrepreneurs
Asana is one of the top apps for entrepreneurs looking to get organized, manage projects, and streamline workflows. This robust project management platform makes it easy to plan, track, and manage work across your business.
Why Ambitious Entrepreneurs Love Asana
Ambitious entrepreneurs and solopreneurs choose Asana for its powerful features and ease of use. Here are some of the reasons Asana is a must-have app for productivity:
- Streamline business tasks – Asana enables entrepreneurs to break down projects into tasks and subtasks so you can better organize workflows.
- Improved team collaboration – With Asana, you can assign tasks to team members, specify due dates, attach files, and comment on tasks to collaborate smoothly.
- Enhanced productivity – The ability to create multiple projects and workflows improves productivity by keeping everything organized in one place.
- Flexible views – Asana offers calendar, list, board, and timeline views so you can see what you need when you need it.
- Powerful integrations – Asana integrates with popular apps like Slack, Dropbox, Salesforce, and more so you can manage work from one platform.
- Automation abilities – Rules and reminders can be set up to keep tasks on track and automatically update statuses when due dates are met.
- Premium features – Upgrading to paid plans unlocks additional features like goal setting, milestones, custom fields, workload management, and more.
Asana is fully customizable to suit your business needs, whether you’re an entrepreneur just starting out or overseeing multiple projects across departments. Let’s look at some of Asana’s key features in more detail.
Key Features of Asana for Entrepreneurs
Asana offers a robust suite of features to help entrepreneurs stay focused and effectively manage workflows:
The projects feature lets you create a workspace for each business initiative or project. Within each project, you can organize tasks, set due dates, assign team members, attach files, and so on.
Tasks are the building blocks within Asana. You can create tasks under projects and subtasks under broader tasks. Tasks can be assigned, given due dates, commented on, and organized with tags.
The calendar view provides an overview of upcoming deadlines and scheduled tasks so you can plan your workload wisely. It integrates with external calendars too.
Boards enable you to visualize your workflows using a Kanban-style layout. Move tasks through different stages on the board as work progresses.
Timelines allow you to plot out a schedule and gain an understanding of task order and dependencies. See how one delayed task can impact other deadlines.
Create Tables to display tasks, people, and other data across projects and workflows. Useful for tracking things like project hours and status updates.
Easily understand what your team is working on and whether anyone is overcapacity using the Team Overview. Monitor workloads and identify bottlenecks.
Portfolios provide a roll-up view of strategic initiatives happening across multiple projects and teams. Gain visibility into priorities and progress.
Dashboards condense the data in Asana into visual charts and graphs so you can monitor how work is progressing. Identify trends and see where processes can improve.
Asana’s Workload feature lets you set capacity across your team. Make sure no one is overworked and balance tasks based on capacity.
Asana Use Cases for Ambitious Entrepreneurs
Asana is flexible enough to support various use cases. Here are some examples of how ambitious entrepreneurs can use Asana:
- Map out a project plan with tasks, due dates, and dependencies
- Assign tasks to employees and external partners
- Plan and schedule marketing campaigns end-to-end
- Create workflows for product development processes
- Manage contact relationship management (CRM) tasks
- Track product launches and releases
- Streamline onboarding processes for new hires
- Coordinate events from invites to logistics
- Maintain an editorial calendar for content creation
- Centralize client requests, questions, and project issues
Asana is designed for any entrepreneur looking to maximize team productivity. With robust features tailored for modern work management, Asana helps entrepreneurs achieve business success and growth.
Why I Recommend Asana for Entrepreneurs
As an entrepreneur myself, I highly recommend Asana because:
- It meets the diverse needs of different businesses with flexibility
- The interface is intuitive and easy to navigate
- It has premium features that grow with your business
- Customer support is very helpful when you need assistance
- Regular product updates provide new features
If you want to get serious about project management as an entrepreneur, Asana is a smart place to start. The free plan is very capable for early-stage startups and solopreneurs.
As your business scales, the premium version equips you with enterprise-level work management tools without the complexity. Give Asana a try to streamline your workflows today!
2. Trello – An Essential Project Management App for Solopreneurs
If you’re a solopreneur trying to juggle multiple projects, Trello is one of the top apps for entrepreneurs to get organized. This intuitive platform makes project management visual and collaborative.
Why Solopreneurs Love Trello
As a digital toolbox for managing anything from simple to-do lists to complex workflows, Trello is highly recommended for solopreneurs for several reasons:
- User-friendly system – Trello’s drag-and-drop kanban-style boards are easy to set up and use with minimal training.
- Visualize workflows – Trello gives solopreneurs an overview of each project so you can visualize status and progress.
- Enhanced productivity – Features like due dates, assignments, checklists, and labels improve productivity when working alone.
- Collaboration abilities – Trello facilitates collaboration by allowing you to add team members to boards and cards.
- Integration with tools – Trello integrates with apps like Slack, Google Drive, Box, and more to bring everything together.
- Great for all levels – Trello works for solopreneurs at different stages, whether you’re just starting out or scaling up.
- Free and paid plans – A free Trello tier covers the basics while paid plans unlock more administrative controls and functionality.
Let’s explore the main features of Trello for solopreneurs managing business projects and workflows.
Key Features of Trello for Solopreneurs
Trello simplifies solo project management with these essential features:
Boards contain lists of cards representing tasks and serve as a project overview. You can create multiple boards for different clients, initiatives, or workflows.
Within each board, lists segment cards into stages like To Do, In Progress, and Completed. Move cards from list to list as work progresses.
Cards represent individual tasks or to-dos. Include details like assignees, due dates, attachments, comments, labels, and more.
The checklist enables you to break cards (tasks) down into smaller sub-tasks. Great for defining steps for complex tasks.
Butler automations save you time by automatically moving cards between lists or boards when triggered. Set up workflows tailored for your business.
The calendar power-up provides an overview of all tasks and due dates across your boards in one place.
Charts and reports provide insights into your workflows. For example, monitor card age to identify bottlenecks.
Custom fields allow you to tailor cards with project-specific information like priority, status, task type, or custom metrics.
The workload feature gives visibility into assignments and time estimates across your Trello boards. Make sure you don’t overcommit yourself.
Trello Use Cases for Solopreneurs
Trello is versatile enough to support different use cases for solopreneurs:
- Managing client projects from onboarding to delivery
- Coordinating services like content creation, web development, consulting, etc.
- Planning and executing marketing campaigns
- Maintaining editorial calendars and workflows
- Organizing customer support tasks and requests
- Building roadmaps and strategic plans
- Streamlining HR tasks like recruiting and onboarding
- Centralizing sales leads and pipeline stages
- Planning personal projects like moving homes or weddings
Trello enables solopreneurs to maintain structure when wearing multiple hats. With Trello, you can juggle different projects and clients smoothly.
Why I Recommend Trello for Solopreneurs
As a solopreneur myself, I recommend Trello for these reasons:
- Intuitive interface with a little learning curve
- Ability to drill down into details or view high-level plans
- Numerous integrations with tools you already use
- Visibility into workload and assignments
- Pricing suitable for one-person businesses
- Feature-rich free plan to get started
For solopreneurs who dislike complex project management platforms, Trello strikes the perfect balance. It blends simplicity with powerful productivity features.
If you want to boost organization as a solo business owner, Trello is a tool you’ll actually enjoy using every day. Sign up for free and create boards tailored to your business needs.
3. Evernote – An Essential Note-Taking App for Entrepreneurial Productivity
For entrepreneurs who want to capture ideas, organize research, and stay productive, Evernote is a must-have app. This popular note-taking platform makes it simple to save notes, clips, and more all in one place.
Why Entrepreneurs Love Evernote
Evernote is one of the top apps for entrepreneurs because it enables you to:
- Save ideas quickly – Evernote makes it easy to jot down notes, thoughts, and ideas as they come so nothing gets lost.
- Clip web content – The web clipper allows entrepreneurs to save articles, products, or anything else they find online into Evernote.
- Organize research – Evernote’s tagging system makes it easy to organize market research, competitive intel, and other reference materials.
- Enhance productivity – Features like note linking, reminders, and to-do lists help entrepreneurs stay focused and productive.
- Collaborate and share – Securely collaborate on notes and snippets with your team members and clients.
- Work anywhere – Evernote syncs across all devices so your notes go with you wherever you are.
- Integrate other tools – Evernote connects with tools like Slack, Salesforce, and Gmail for seamless workflows.
- Unlock premium features – Upgrading to premium adds conveniences like offline access, larger uploads, and priority support.
Let’s explore how Evernote can help entrepreneurs be more productive and organized.
Key Features of Evernote for Entrepreneurs
Evernote offers a diverse set of features:
Jot down text, create checklists, format using markdown, or organize with tags. Add images, attachments, and links to enrich notes.
Group related notes into notebooks. For example, you could have a notebook for customer research, an editorial calendar, web clippings, etc.
This browser extension allows you to clip content like articles, videos, tweets, and more and save directly into Evernote.
On mobile devices, quickly snap photos and have them automatically added to Evernote for easy access.
Record interviews, meetings, or impromptu thoughts as voice memos to reference later. Transcripts make audio notes searchable.
Scan everything from receipts to legal documents and convert them into editable notes in Evernote.
Link between related notes for better context. For example, link meeting notes to the agenda.
Evernote’s search makes it easy to find anything in your notes library quickly using keywords, tags, text, and more.
Set reminders on individual notes or to-do lists so you never miss an important task or deadline again.
Evernote seamlessly integrates with workplace tools like Slack, Salesforce, Office 365, and Gmail.
Evernote Use Cases for Entrepreneurs
Evernote has many applications for entrepreneurs looking to stay organized:
- Collecting customer feedback after sales calls
- Maintaining a content production editorial calendar
- Organizing research on competitors, industry trends, or target buyers
- Documenting processes and procedures for new hires
- Saving snippets of code, designs, wireframes, or mockups
- Documenting meeting minutes, agendas, and notes
- Logging expenses, mileages, and receipts for accounting
- Managing product development projects and roadmaps
- Curating marketing collateral like brand guides and asset libraries
Evernote enables entrepreneurs to reduce clutter and focus on what matters most. With a unified system for organizing business information, entrepreneurs can be more productive and collaborative.
Why I Recommend Evernote for Entrepreneurs
As an entrepreneur, I recommend Evernote for these key reasons:
- Simplifies capturing ideas whenever inspiration strikes
- Feature-rich free plan with premium upgrades
- Truly cross-platform experience across desktop and mobile
- Helps break down information silos across teams and projects
- Powerful organizational and productivity features
- Securely digitizes important business documents and information
- Integrates tightly with tools I already use
For entrepreneurs who want to spend less time organizing and searching for information, Evernote is a must-have.
With Evernote, important data is easy to capture, manage, share, and access when you need it. Try Evernote today to get organized!
4. Slack – A Top Communication App for Entrepreneurial Teams
Effective communication is critical for entrepreneurs leading distributed teams and companies. That’s why Slack is a top app for keeping everyone connected.
Slack creates a user-friendly hub for messaging, file sharing, and bolstering team collaboration.
Why Entrepreneurs Love Slack
Ambitious entrepreneurs choose Slack because it:
- Replaces email chaos – Keep conversations organized in channels instead of endless email chains.
- Enables real-time collaboration – Integrated voice and video chatting makes collaborating easy.
- Improves productivity – Quickly share files, snippets, and feedback without leaving Slack.
- Centralizes tools – Slack integrates with workplace apps like Google Drive, Trello, HubSpot, and more.
- Facilitates transparency – Everyone has visibility into conversations happening across the business.
- Strengthens culture – Features like emojis and GIFs inject personality into team interactions.
- Scales with your business – Slack offers plans tailored for companies at any stage of growth.
Let’s explore Slack’s capabilities for connecting entrepreneurial teams below.
Key Features of Slack for Entrepreneurs
Slack comes equipped with powerful messaging and collaboration features including:
Channels organize conversations by topic, team, project, or anything else. This keeps communication structured and transparent.
Direct messaging facilitates private conversations between two or more teammates for sensitive discussions.
Video & Voice Calls
Hop on quick video or voice calls with screen sharing right in Slack. No need to switch between apps.
Easily share files with specific individuals, channels, or the entire company directly in Slack.
The Snippets feature lets you share code, designs, wireframes, and other snippets with your team.
Slack seamlessly integrates with workplace apps like Trello, HubSpot, Google Drive, Asana, and more.
Find any file, conversation, link, or more in seconds with Slack’s powerful search functionality.
Custom Emojis & GIFs
Custom emojis and GIFs make team conversations more fun and engaging for employees.
Polls & Surveys
The Polls feature enables managers to easily survey team members right in Slack channels.
Automate routine tasks by setting up custom workflows with Workflow Builder.
Slack Use Cases for Entrepreneurs
Here are some examples of how entrepreneurs can use Slack:
- Provide customer support in channels by topic or product.
- Collaborate on marketing campaigns from concept to launch.
- Share product designs, prototypes, and assets for feedback.
- Manage product roadmap priorities in a channel.
- Streamline HR onboarding processes for new hires.
- centralize communication with external partners and vendors.
- Brainstorm new product or content ideas together.
- Send quick polls or peer recognition to boost morale.
- Plan and coordinate company events or offsites.
Slack supports the diverse needs of entrepreneurial teams, powering everything from direct 1:1 chats to company-wide announcements.
Why I Recommend Slack for Entrepreneurs
As an entrepreneur, I choose Slack because:
- It’s user-friendly enough for non-technical teams
- Features help keep remote teams aligned
- It centralizes workplace tools teams already use
- Valuable free plan for early-stage startups
- Plans scale as your team grows
- Feature-updates add functionality
- Library of 3rd party integrations and apps
For any entrepreneur who manages a distributed team, Slack is a must-have. The benefits for communication, transparency, and culture are invaluable.
Slack transforming how modern entrepreneurial companies collaborate. Try it free today and simplify teamwork!
5. QuickBooks – A Top Accounting App for Small Business Owners
Managing finances is critical for any small business. That’s why QuickBooks is a top app for entrepreneurs who want accounting and bookkeeping on autopilot.
This popular software helps small business owners track expenses, invoice clients, manage payroll, and more from one place.
Why Small Business Owners Love QuickBooks
Here’s why QuickBooks is a must-have app for entrepreneurs:
- Simplified bookkeeping – Easy tools for invoicing, expense/mileage tracking, inventory management, and reporting.
- Payroll made easy – Built-in payroll streamlines paying employees and contractors.
- Accept payments – Take credit card and ACH payments right in QuickBooks.
- Bank reconciliations – Sync bank/credit accounts to reconcile transactions with ease.
- Mobile access – QuickBooks apps enable access and invoice creation on the go.
- Expert support – QuickBooks trainers can provide live setup assistance and coaching.
- Scales with your business – QuickBooks offers tiers like Self-Employed, Online, and Desktop with advanced tools.
Let’s look at some of QuickBooks’ essential financial features for small business owners.
Key Features of QuickBooks
QuickBooks equips entrepreneurs and small business owners with robust accounting and financial tools:
Create, customize, and send professional invoices in seconds. Set up recurring invoices for regular clients.
Easily track mileage, business expenses, and receipts through the mobile app.
Generate key financial reports like profit/loss, balance sheets, sales reports, and more with one click.
Built-in payroll helps you pay employees and contractors while filing taxes accurately.
Track inventory levels and get alerts when stock of products or materials is low.
Snap photos of receipts to log expenses on the go. Receipts are stored and categorized.
Link bank accounts to automatically match transactions and identify discrepancies.
Set budgets across categories to monitor spending and cash flow by department.
QuickBooks integrates with other apps like Google Workspace, Stripe, Gusto, and more.
QuickBooks Use Cases for Small Business Owners
QuickBooks is versatile enough to meet the needs of different industries and entrepreneurs.
Common use cases include:
- E-commerce companies tracking inventory and order fulfillment
- Marketing agencies creating invoices and managing media spend
- SaaS companies recognizing recurring revenue and expenses
- Professional service firms tracking billable hours and client invoicing
- Contractors tracking project expenses, mileage, and payments
- Nonprofits tracking grants, donations, and expenses by program
- Direct-to-consumer brands tracking product margins and unit economics
QuickBooks helps entrepreneurs gain financial clarity, so they can make smarter decisions and manage cash flow.
Why I Recommend QuickBooks
As a business owner, I choose QuickBooks for:
- User-friendly interface and navigation
- Scalable plans to meet evolving needs
- Time savings from streamlined accounting
- Expert support resources available
- Mileage and receipt tracking abilities
- Inventory management capabilities
- Seamless contractor/employee payroll
- Integration with apps I already use
For any entrepreneur looking to simplify bookkeeping and accounting, QuickBooks is the gold standard. The time savings and financial insight are invaluable.
QuickBooks has solutions tailored for diverse small business needs and stages. Try it today and take control of your finances!
6. MailChimp – A Top Email Marketing App for Entrepreneurs
Email marketing remains a vital channel for entrepreneurs to connect with customers and grow their businesses. That’s why MailChimp is a top app for DIY email campaigns.
This powerful platform makes it simple for entrepreneurs to build email lists, create campaigns, and track results.
Why Entrepreneurs Love MailChimp
Here’s why ambitious entrepreneurs use MailChimp:
- Easy email list building – Embed signup forms anywhere to easily grow your mailing list.
- Pre-designed templates – Start with professionally designed email templates that are mobile-optimized.
- Automation abilities – Trigger automated welcome, follow-up, or abandoned cart emails.
- Seamless workflows – Build campaigns, manage lists, and view reports from one dashboard.
- Detailed analytics – Get key insights into open rates, clicks, unsubscribes, and more.
- Affordable pricing – MailChimp’s free plan lets you send up to 2,000 emails to start.
- Premium features – Upgrade to access A/B testing, advanced segmentation tools, surveys, and more.
Let’s explore MailChimp’s key features and capabilities for entrepreneurs.
Key Features of MailChimp
MailChimp comes equipped with advanced email marketing features:
Embed eye-catching signup forms on your website, social bios, and anywhere else to easily grow your mailing list.
Simply customize responsive email templates to match your brand. No coding needed.
The intuitive drag-and-drop editor makes creating beautiful, engaging emails easy.
Use “if this, then that” rules to trigger automated welcome emails, follow-ups, and cart abandonment workflows.
Organize subscriber details, preferences, and notes in one place for simplified list management.
Target specific groups within your list based on demographics, purchase history, location, and more.
Test different email subject lines, content variations, layouts, and send times to optimize performance.
Schedule email campaigns in advance and have them deploy automatically on the date you set.
Get real-time stats on open rates, clicks, unsubscribes, shares, device engagement, and more.
Connect your email campaigns with webinars, social media, e-commerce, and other marketing platforms.
MailChimp Use Cases for Entrepreneurs
Here are some examples of how entrepreneurs use MailChimp for their business:
- E-commerce stores send abandoned carts, seasonal, and product launch emails.
- Bloggers and publishers drive traffic with curated newsletters.
- Agencies nurture leads with targeted drip campaigns.
- Startups onboard users with welcome emails and tips.
- Consultants promote ebooks, guides, and events through emails.
- SaaS companies engage customers post-signup with education and training.
- Nonprofits fundraise and share impact stories with supporters.
MailChimp enables entrepreneurs to turn leads and contacts into loyal customers. Segmented drip campaigns and automation streamline the process.
Why I Recommend MailChimp
As an entrepreneur, I choose MailChimp for email marketing because:
- It’s user-friendly and intuitive to learn
- The free plan is very capable for early-stage needs
- It helps cultivate brand voice and connection through email
- Automation and workflows save tons of time
- You get access to engaging, professional templates
- Detailed analytics help improve email performance
- Integrations with tools I already use like CRMs
- Education and support resources to master email marketing
For any entrepreneur ready to drive growth through email, MailChimp is the proven solution. Backed by data and deliverability expertise, MailChimp has plans tailored for any size business.
Sign up for a free MailChimp account today and start building your mailing list!
7. Dropbox – A Must-Have File-Sharing App for Entrepreneurs
Easy file sharing and collaboration are essential for entrepreneurial productivity. That’s why Dropbox is a must-have app for entrepreneurs.
This popular file hosting platform lets you access business files from anywhere and simplify workflows.
Why Entrepreneurs Love Dropbox
Ambitious entrepreneurs choose Dropbox because it:
- Enables real-time collaboration – Securely share files and folders with your team and edit docs together.
- Centralizes files – Store all your business files, images, videos, and content in one accessible place.
- Allows quick sharing – Instantly share links to files and folders without attachments.
- Integrates with workplace apps – Connect Dropbox with tools like Slack, Zoom, Trello, Gmail, and more.
- Offers robust search – Easily find files by name, content, date, collaborator, and more.
- Provides version history – Restore previous versions of files in case you make a mistake.
- Boosts productivity – Access all your content from your desktop, phone, tablet, or browser.
Let’s explore the key features that make Dropbox valuable for entrepreneurs.
Key Features of Dropbox for Entrepreneurs
Dropbox offers powerful capabilities to manage business content:
Store all types of files from documents, spreadsheets, presentations, images, PDFs, videos, and more.
Securely share files or entire folders with your team or clients, and customize permissions.
Share accessible links to files or folders instead of attachments for efficient sharing.
Preview 200+ file types like PPT, PDF, AI, PS, DOC, and more without downloading them.
View and restore previous versions of files in case you need to roll back changes.
Instantly search and find files by name, content, collaborator, data modified, and more.
Link your Dropbox account with workplace apps like Slack, Trello, Zoom, and G Suite.
The desktop and mobile apps let you access files from your computer, tablet, or phone.
Mark files for offline access to sync them across devices and retrieve them without an internet connection.
Admin console helps manage users, permissions, sharing, links, and other settings.
Dropbox Use Cases for Entrepreneurs
Common use cases for entrepreneurs include:
- Sharing sales decks and collateral with prospects
- Managing product images, logos, and assets for marketing
- Collaborating with your team on documents and spreadsheets
- Distributing press releases and announcements to the media
- Storing website files, code snippets, and backups
- Developing products with file sharing between engineering and design
- Archiving important business documents like contracts and invoices
- Enabling accountants to access accounting records and statements
Dropbox empowers entrepreneurs to stop emailing files and work as seamlessly as if you’re together in person. Streamlined collaboration means higher productivity.
Why I Recommend Dropbox for Entrepreneurs
As an entrepreneur, I choose Dropbox because:
- It’s easy to set up, use, and manage company files
- Powerful search makes finding files fast
- Version history enables easy rollback of changes
- It’s affordable with options to upgrade
- Allows access to critical files without an internet connection
- More secure than consumer file-sharing apps
- Integrates closely with the tools my business uses
- Offers robust customer support resources
For any entrepreneur juggling multiple files and partnerships, Dropbox is a lifesaver. With everything in one secure, shareable place, you’ll get more done in less time.
Sign up for Dropbox today and simplify your file management workflows!
8. Square – A Top Payment Platform for Entrepreneurs
Getting paid quickly and easily is vital for any entrepreneur. That’s why Square is a top app that provides seamless payment processing along with other financial services.
This all-in-one platform helps entrepreneurs manage payments, inventory, payroll, invoices, and more from one dashboard.
Why Entrepreneurs Love Square
Ambitious entrepreneurs choose Square because it:
- Offers easy payment processing – Accept credit cards, Apple Pay, Google Pay, cash apps, and more in seconds.
- Enables invoicing – Create, manage, and send invoices directly to customers.
- Manages inventory – Sync inventory across online and brick-and-mortar sales channels.
- Handles payroll – Built-in payroll helps pay employees and file required tax forms.
- Provides transparent pricing – Square charges fair, flat rates for payment processing with no hidden fees.
- Generates insightful reports – View sales, profit and loss statements, payroll summaries, and more.
- Integrates with helpful apps – Connect Square with platforms like QuickBooks, Mailchimp, Zapier, and others.
Let’s explore some of Square’s top features for simplified financial management.
Key Features of Square for Entrepreneurs
Square provides an array of financial tools under one platform:
Securely accept debit/credit payments anywhere via Square hardware, invoices, checkout links, or online stores.
The Square POS app turns devices into registers to handle payments, inventory, and more.
Professionally customize and send invoices, accept online payments, and set up recurring invoices.
Pay employees using direct deposit with just a few clicks including payroll taxes.
Store customer details, transaction history, notes, and email marketing contacts in one CRM.
Sync inventory across channels and locations while tracking stock levels in real-time.
Analytics & Reporting
Monitor sales, accepting payment methods, top products, and other key business insights.
Capital & Financing
Square offers business financing and loans based on your payment processing history.
Enable customers to easily book appointments and make deposits through your Square booking page.
Connect Square with accounting, email marketing, inventory, and other platforms to streamline workflows.
Square Use Cases for Entrepreneurs
Square is versatile enough to serve entrepreneurs across diverse industries including:
- Retail companies managing brick-and-mortar and e-commerce sales.
- Service providers like salons, photographers, consultants, etc.
- Restaurants processing dine-in orders and pickups.
- Tradespeople and contractors invoicing clients for projects.
- SaaS companies recognizing subscription revenue.
- E-commerce brands shipping online orders and tracking inventory.
- Nonprofits accepting donations on websites, in-person, and via email.
Square equips entrepreneurs with the complete set of financial tools needed to run and grow their businesses.
Why I Recommend Square
As an entrepreneur, I choose Square for:
- User-friendly interface across devices
- Low transparent rates for payment processing
- Ability to send invoices and accept online payments
- Omnichannel inventory synchronization
- Payroll management and direct deposit
- Powerful and insightful analytics
- Loans and financing offers based on payment history
- Integration with apps like QuickBooks and Zapier
For any entrepreneur ready to get their finances in order, Square is a game-changer. Their unified platform enables entrepreneurs to efficiently manage payments, payroll, inventory, invoices, appointments, analytics, and more all in one place. Sign up and see for yourself!
9. Wunderlist – A Simple To-Do List App for Busy Entrepreneurs
Staying on top of daily tasks is critical for entrepreneurs balancing multiple priorities. That’s why Wunderlist is a must-have app for simple to-do list management.
This intuitive platform makes it easy to create to-do lists, set due dates, add notes, and receive reminders.
Why Entrepreneurs Love Wunderlist
Busy entrepreneurs choose Wunderlist for its:
- Cross-platform access – Available via Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, web, and more.
- Intuitive interface – Simple drag-and-drop interface with a minimal learning curve.
- List organization – Separate personal, work, and family lists with easy sorting and filtering.
- Reminders – Receive alerts for due tasks via email, mobile push notifications, and more.
- Collaboration – Share lists and assign tasks to team members.
- Folders – Group lists together into folders to stay organized.
- Search – Quickly find tasks by keyword across all lists.
- Unlimited lists – Create as many to-do lists as needed with no restrictions.
- Attachments – Attach files and other documents directly to task items.
Let’s explore Wunderlist’s key features for task and project management in more detail.
Key Features of Wunderlist for Entrepreneurs
Wunderlist offers simple yet robust task management capabilities:
The foundation of Wunderlist is flexible lists for capturing tasks, errands, notes, and more categorized however you want.
Group lists together into folders like “Work Projects” and “Personal Errands” for quick access.
Easily assign due dates and times to tasks to keep yourself accountable and on schedule.
Receive reminders about tasks via email, push notifications, app alerts, and more so nothing falls through the cracks.
Add more context and details directly to tasks in the form of typed notes.
Break larger tasks down into smaller sub-tasks for better organization.
Invite team members to share lists and assign tasks to others.
Instantly search and find tasks by keyword across all your different lists and folders.
No restrictions on how many lists or tasks you can create – perfect for busy entrepreneurs juggling it all.
Attach files and documents directly to specific tasks for quick access.
Wunderlist Use Cases for Entrepreneurs
Wunderlist is flexible enough to organize:
- Editorial calendars outlining publishing tasks and deadlines
- Marketing campaign checklists with assignees and due dates
- Onboarding plans for new employees with required training
- Client project task lists with notes and attachments
- Conference prep items from travel to presentation rehearsals
- Sales outreach checklists for following up with prospects
- Personal to-do lists for family obligations and errands
- Shopping lists for household essentials or office supplies
- Checklists for business travel and packing
Wunderlist enables entrepreneurs to find calm amidst the chaos. With your responsibilities organized into clear, actionable checklists, you can focus on execution.
Why I Recommend Wunderlist
As an entrepreneur, I choose Wunderlist for:
- Intuitive interface that’s easy to learn
- Ability to access tasks from anywhere
- Folder structure to group lists logically
- Handy reminders so I never miss a task
- Notes for adding context directly to tasks
- Smooth collaboration with assignees
- Search makes finding tasks a breeze
- Generous free plan with upgrades available
- Works seamlessly across mobile and desktop
For entrepreneurs who want task management without complexity, Wunderlist delivers. It blends simplicity and utility in a free, cross-platform app.
Give Wunderlist a try to conquer your daily to-do lists and long-term projects!
10. HubSpot CRM – A Top Sales & Marketing Platform for Ambitious Entrepreneurs
Effectively managing sales and marketing is vital for entrepreneurial growth. That’s why HubSpot CRM is a top app for ambitious entrepreneurs.
This robust platform centralizes your contacts, workflows, reporting, and more in one place.
Why Ambitious Entrepreneurs Love HubSpot CRM
Ambitious entrepreneurs choose HubSpot CRM because it:
- Centralizes contacts – Store all lead, customer, and vendor details in one searchable place.
- Manages deal pipelines – Track deals through defined stages from contact to close.
- Automates tasks – Set up workflows to assign and schedule follow-ups at each deal stage.
- Enables collaboration – Teams can access, interact with, and update deals and contacts together.
- Integrates seamlessly – Connect HubSpot CRM with email, calendar, chat, payments, and other tools.
- Delivers key insights – View sales, lead, company, and contact analytics on one dashboard.
- Offers flexible pricing – Choose between Starter, Professional, and Enterprise plans.
Let’s explore some of HubSpot’s powerful CRM features for entrepreneurs.
Key Features of HubSpot CRM
HubSpot CRM comes fully equipped to manage your entire customer lifecycle:
Store all contact details from lead source to social media links in one searchable place.
Record company information like industry, size, location, and ideal customer profile (ICP).
Move deals through custom pipelines from contact to closed/won.
Set up workflows to auto-assign and schedule follow-ups based on deal stage.
Sync email conversations to relevant contact profiles within the CRM.
View team availability, schedule meetings, and log call notes right in HubSpot.
Reporting & Dashboards
Gain visibility into sales, pipelines, productivity, and marketing effectiveness.
Quotes & Invoices
Instantly generate customized quotes and invoices to send directly to customers.
Create targeted email campaigns and track engagement right in HubSpot.
Connect HubSpot CRM with Slack, Zapier, QuickBooks, Shopify, and hundreds more apps.
HubSpot CRM Use Cases for Entrepreneurs
Common entrepreneurial uses cases include:
- Streamlining the lead qualification process from net-new to sales-qualified.
- Managing account-based marketing and sales campaigns end-to-end.
- Onboarding new customers with automated post-sale touchpoints.
- Centralizing all vendor and partnership contacts and communications.
- Tracking sales team deal pipelines in one collaborative place.
- Building detailed customer profiles for personalization.
HubSpot CRM enables entrepreneurs to strengthen customer relationships and drive repeat sales. Workflows automate and unify sales and marketing processes.
Why I Recommend HubSpot CRM
As an entrepreneur, I choose HubSpot CRM for:
- The unified platform for managing contacts, deals, tasks, and reporting
- Automations that save tons of sales and marketing time
- Powerful analytics and dashboards out-of-the-box
- Ability to build complete view of all interactions with a contact
- Flexible and transparent pricing as you scale
- Smooth integrations with the tools I already use
- Ongoing training and support to master the platform
For any entrepreneur ready to get strategic with sales and marketing, HubSpot CRM is my top recommendation. The platform makes it easy to turn contacts into delighted customers at scale. Sign up today!
5 Other Best Apps for Entrepreneurs to Maximize Productivity
Expensify is a handy receipt scanner and expense tracker. It simplifies bookkeeping and expense reporting for entrepreneurs on the go.
Zapier enables easy automation and integration between business apps. Perfect for streamlining workflows and connecting different tools entrepreneurs use to run their businesses.
Calendly is a scheduling and appointment-booking app that makes it easy for entrepreneurs to manage their calendar and book meetings. It integrates with calendars, allows customization of availability, and automatically confirms appointments by text and email. Great for entrepreneurs who need to schedule calls and meetings efficiently.
Zoom is the leading video conferencing and online meeting platform. Entrepreneurs use Zoom for pitches, demos, interviews, trainings, and everything in between. Features like screen sharing, recording, breakout rooms, and webinars make Zoom invaluable for today’s distributed teams and remote work.
Xero offers online accounting software tailored for entrepreneurs and small businesses. It makes financial management easier with invoice and expense tracking, billing, bank reconciliation, reporting, and more. Connect your bank and accounting becomes automated. The mobile app lets you manage finances anywhere too.
Best Apps for Ambitious Entrepreneurs – Final Thoughts
- The top apps for entrepreneurs help manage critical business functions like communications, accounting, sales, and task management to set ambitious businesses up for success.
- Solutions like Asana, Trello, Slack, and Wunderlist enable entrepreneurs and solopreneurs to stay organized and productive.
- MailChimp, HubSpot CRM, Calendly, and Zoom empower entrepreneurs to scale marketing and sales in an automated fashion.
- QuickBooks, Xero, Square, and similar platforms provide entrepreneurs with essential visibility into the financial health of their businesses.
- File-sharing apps like Dropbox along with note apps like Evernote help entrepreneurs centralize information and access it anywhere.
- With the right collection of apps tailored to your business needs, entrepreneurs can gain efficiency and insight to confidently drive growth.
FAQs About the Best Apps for Entrepreneurs
What are the most essential apps entrepreneurs should use?
The most essential apps for entrepreneurs include project management, communications, email marketing, accounting/finance, note-taking, and file-sharing apps. Top apps include Asana, Trello, Slack, MailChimp, QuickBooks, Evernote, and Dropbox.
What apps help improve productivity for entrepreneurs?
Productivity apps that help entrepreneurs include Asana and Trello for task/project management, Evernote for notes and organization, Slack for communication, and Wunderlist for to-do lists and reminders.
What apps are best for entrepreneurs to manage their finances and books?
The top financial apps for entrepreneurs are QuickBooks for overall accounting and bookkeeping, Xero for online accounting, and Square for seamless payment processing, invoices, and payroll.
What apps should solo entrepreneurs use?
Great apps for solopreneurs include Trello for project visualization, Wunderlist for task lists, Asana for workflows, Zoom for online meetings, and Calendly for scheduling.
What apps help entrepreneurs with sales and marketing?
For sales and marketing, entrepreneurs should leverage HubSpot CRM for pipeline and customer management, MailChimp for email marketing, Zoom for webinars/demos, and Calendly for booking meetings.